9612 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

hp 1820-24G Switch fault

zuhair-it
Occasional Advisor

hp 1820-24G Switch fault

Hi All

I have problem with hp 1820-24G Switch ,it's fault LED flashing and the ports from (17 to 24 ) also flashing without any cable conected to it ,and I can't access the web manegment consol

Note: I reset the switch to default factory but the issue not resolved !!

Network Engineer
4 REPLIES 4
Emil_G
HPE Pro

Re: hp 1820-24G Switch fault

Hello, 

You probably have a HW issue with the switch. If the switch is entitled to warranty support you should contact your local support for further instructions.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

DjLiLaLRSA
Frequent Visitor

Have the EXACT same issue, just randomly stopped working and the ports 17 - 24 flash and thats it.

Worst is i only had 1 uplink port connected, which means pretty much 0 load on the switch and it does this.

Since there are more than 1 of these switches with the identical problem, either HP needs to explain what is wrong, or a recall needs to happen?!?

HP, what is going on??

Emil_G
HPE Pro

Hello @DjLiLaLRSA 

The switches are covered by a life time warranty. Please open a case with your local support. This is the best way to get a quick solution and also a proper attention to your concerns about having the same issue with multiple switches of the same model.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

DjLiLaLRSA
Frequent Visitor

I just took over the IT management for a company, who also was just taken over by a new company.

They have almost no documentation of old purchases or invoices from the previous company. Therefore I am not able to prove the client is the original purchasing client.
Can I still take it in to HP??

Also, if the case is not isolated, there should be some investigation, and repair procedures for this issue by HP. Or else they are selling faulty products?