Aruba & ProVision-based
1753826 Members
8740 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

keeps VSF the old vlan and trunk configuration?

SOLVED
Go to solution
informatica_mgc
Occasional Contributor

keeps VSF the old vlan and trunk configuration?

Hello guys!

I'm planing enabling VSF on our 5412R core switchs by adding a new chassis to the existent one, but I'm worried about what happens with configuration of my production switch, is it kept? or I will need to rebuild it after VSF activation? I read about enabling VSF but I didn't found anything anywhere about what happens with the existing configuration.

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
akg7
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: keeps VSF the old vlan and trunk configuration?

Hello,

You will not loose configuration on commander but new member configuration will be default once VSF will be joined.

If you use strict provisioning mentod this means you force one switch to retain the configuration and the standby will loose it's configuration.

Please refer below link for Aruba 2930f configuration guide and refer chapter 30 --Virtual Switching Framework (VSF):
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00050273en_us

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
akg7
HPE Pro

Hello,

Has my post helped you to answer your query?

Thanks!

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the companyAccept or Kudo
akg7
HPE Pro

Hello,

HPE is awaiting your response. Please confirm status of your query.

Thanks!

informatica_mgc
Occasional Contributor

Yes, your solution worked fine, thank you.

I have not reply util the change has made.

Thanks!