New Discussion

Re: two vlan on one port on this switch 1820 HP

dhikra
Occasional Contributor

two vlan on one port on this switch 1820 HP

I have switch HP  1820 24 port and i  want to configure voip 

si i have VLAN 20 : voice

vlan 101 : vlan user

==>So  how i can configure two vlan on one port on this switch 1820 HP  ????????,,, bacause i try but i can't configure  two vlan on one port so allow voip recieve plage 10.20.20..x /24  and   user recive 192.168.2.x /24

i need a help ans i wait answer for this forum

thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Generally you tag the "voice" dedicated VLAN id and untag the "data" dedicated VLAN id on a particular port. In other terms you should configured the required port to be untagged member of "data" VLAN id and (concurrently, it's admitted) tagged member of "voice" VLAN id.

How to do that depends on the method (GUI/CLI) you should/would/could use to configure your Switch. Generally via GUI (HP 1820 should provide Web based management) it should be fairly simple.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
dhikra
Occasional Contributor

in interface web  the switch HP1820 , i can't configure two VLAN ( voice and data) in one port ...??

so that allow pc get dhcp and voip get also dhcp pool ???

so what isthe solution in the switch HP 1820 that allow configure  two vlan in one port and get dhcp pool in voip and laptop ??

i wait to reply me and thanks in advance

gc_09
HPE Pro

Hi dhikra,

The Web GUI gives the option to have untagged and tagged vlans for a port. Are you not getting that ?

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

RLopes21

Hi...

Yes.

the 1802 let us set two vlans on one port.
But the phone don't interprets the voice vlan.

They just get the data vlan.

Diferently of the 1920, the 1820 don"t have "Auto Voice Vlan"

RLopes21

I did configured a port as untagged, but it have a hub connected  that gives IPs to PCs and others equipaments that don't pertence at the same vlan of the phone.

The switch HP 1920 have Auto Voice Vlan what makes everythings automatic since that we just tag the port with the voice vlan.

that is my email

personal info erased