1748038 Members
4660 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

username and password don't work after w.15.08.0012 update

Chris Augustine
Occasional Contributor

username and password don't work after w.15.08.0012 update

So I upgraded my first 2910al to the 15.08.0012 build.  The upgrade was done with PCM+ and it appeared to be successful.  PCM reported it successful and the switch came up after being rebooted and I could ping the other side.  I then did a second switch and again it appeared successful.  Then I tried to log into the CLI.

My manager username "root" and pw did not work.  I logged into the operator mode with no username or password.  I could not get to enable mode because it said the username and password were incorrect.  A "sh vlan" or "sh ip" still displayed the proper vlans and ip addresses.  I am stuck at this point.  Has anyone ever run into this? 

Also, I did notice that the date is set back to the year 1990.

2 REPLIES 2
Chris Augustine
Occasional Contributor

Re: username and password don't work after w.15.08.0012 update

Ok.  Just figured this out.  As of v15, my "root" username was changed to "manager".  It still kept my old password.  I should have read the release notes more closely.

paulgear
Esteemed Contributor

Re: username and password don't work after w.15.08.0012 update

Hi Chris,

I haven't yet come across a ProCurve switch with a non-volatile clock, so it's normal for it to show as 1990 after boot.

Seems kind of strange that it would change your administrator user name. I can't say i've seen that before.
Regards,
Paul