New Discussion юеВ

Re: where will be able to get the latest IOS version for my 5412zl Switch Aurba

SOLVED
Go to solution
shinepothen
Frequent Advisor

where will be able to get the latest IOS version for my 5412zl Switch Aurba

HI All

I am trying to see if i am able to get a lastest version for my 5412zl switch.

Please let know where can i find these details.

my current version is below

sh version
Image stamp:    /ws/swbuildm/rel_spokane_qaoff/code/build/bom(swbuildm_rel_spokane_qaoff_rel_spokane)
                Oct 26 2016 10:57:51
                KB.16.02.0014
Boot Image:     Primary

Boot ROM Version:    KB.16.01.0006
Active Boot ROM:     Primary

5 REPLIES 5
parnassus
Honored Contributor
Solution

Very latest is KB.16.02.0015 of the 16.02 software branch...so your KB.16.02.0014 is really very near (not too old).

A newer KB software branch is eventually the KB.16.03...but you really need to understand first if differences between features provided by KB.16.03 versus the ones provided by KB.16.02 are relevant to your switching requirements.

I'm not an HPE Employee
Kudos and Accepted Solution banner
parnassus
Honored Contributor

Forgot to mention:

1. for HPE/HP/Aruba networking products ALWAYS START FIRST your {documentation|software} searches at www.hpe.com "Support" link using (a) Product name (e.g. HP ProCurve 5412 zl or Aruba 5406R zl2), (b) Serial Number or (c) Product SKU (e.g. JG920A) as a way to find what you're looking for.
  2. always read manuals/guides and software release notes BEFORE trying anything, especially if you aren't used to work with some specific equipment and you aren't used to specific/generic best practices and well known procedures.
  3. naming IOS (that's Cisco OS mate! here you're on the HPE Community!) the operating system used into your HP ProCurve 5400 zl Switch Series is totally WRONG: ProVision (HP ProCurve brand era) was the right name in the past, rebranded recently into ArubaOS-Switch (HPE Aruba era). You MUST literally know or learn what you have (Hardware and Software) BEFORE working on it.

I'm not an HPE Employee
shinepothen
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for providing the information.

looks like i got to learn some new names for differenet Firmware/Operating systems (OS)

parnassus
Honored Contributor

Yep, you got to...but, in the end, it will be a very easy task and then, adopting/understanding some specific terminology (especially if you came from the Cisco world), you will be more comfortable with HPE product configuration/management and with all the huge amout of product documentation available through the HPE Support portal (see above, point 1).

I'm not an HPE Employee
shinepothen
Frequent Advisor

Thank you for all information provided :)