5238 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 1/8 Tape Autoloader 230 and 29160LP

Adam Croot_1

1/8 Tape Autoloader 230 and 29160LP

Hello
I have searched the forums but am a bit confused

Is anyone able to tell me if the two peices of hardware above will work together?

We have a tape autoloader and this card but it doesnt seem to detect, we have changed scsi ids, rebooted, tried the card in different systems and nothing.

many thanks
adam
4 REPLIES 4
meloni
Honored Contributor

It should work,
boot in the bios of the HBA with Ctrl_A
press f6 for default setting,

check for bent pin or damaged cable/terminator
check for disconnected cables inside the autoloader
---------------X-------------------X--------------------X----------------X--------------
If everything is under control, you are going too slow (Mario Andretti)
Adam Croot_1

Hey thanks for the reply

Ive checked and reset the scsi device id and reset it to defaults, practically tried everything! changed scsi ids on the tape auto loader, screwed about with the settings

I brought an old apaptec 2940UW scsi card in from home and hooked it up and changed the scsi id of the scsi controller and it detected it and showed up!

Only difference is i can see between the two cards is the connector on the scsi card. I have attached an image of the convertor cable we had to buy seperately to connect the two devices.

The smaller connector on the cable is the whats going into the scsi card.

I have attached an image with pictures of the scsi card and cable i am working with. sorry if the pictures are a bit crappy, camera isnt exactly the best in the world.

The card is going into a standard PCI bus and not a picx slot. dont know if that effects this or not.

Really baffled me to why it wont work. any other suggestions would help

Thanks
Adam
CA1230782

Adam

I had a similar problem with the Autoloader, in the end I brought a new SCSI Card 'HP 64-bit/133-MHz pci-x dual channel ultra320 host bus adapter', cost around ├В┬г200. P/N 268351-B21. I also I had to get a new SCSI cable to convert from wide 63pin to small 64pin P/N 341176-B21.

Hope this helps you.
Let me know how it goes

D
Adam Croot_1

ah right not exactly the news i wanted to hear but thats life, guess a new scsi card it is then.

unless anyone else can shed any light on this i think its sorted

thanks all for your replys
adam