1753817 Members
8741 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 2/20 Device Drivers

CA710070
Occasional Contributor

2/20 Device Drivers

I upgraded the firmware on my 2/20 both library and drives and now the system is not seeing the library. It is present in the device manager but Arcserve does not see it and HP Tape Tools finds it under "other devices" not under Libraries/Autoloaders. The info is all correct, HP C7200, Firmware 140D and the Driver says "NOT FOUND" where can I find the driver for this (W2K Adv. Server)

Thanks
Anand
2 REPLIES 2
CA713937
Honored Contributor

The latest version of firmware for the C7200 is 1410. Prior to that was 1400. I'm not sure if your '140D' was a typo. This is for an HP (Surestore branded) library. If the last digit is a letter, then it is an OEM version of the product.

If LTT lists it under 'other devices' it is either because the device is not responding with the 'medium changer' device type, or it is no longer accessable through the OS.

Note: there are some interactions with Win2k and the 'plug and play' device manager that can cause odd behavior. The OS caches the device inquiry string and firmware revision. If either change, then the OS sees it as a 'new' device and the previous device will get an 'unsafe device removal' message. Unfortunately there is no API into the OS for the tool to tell it a device firmware revision is going to change.

I'd suggest you reboot the system to see if the device is then recognized correctly.
The journey IS the reward.
CA710070
Occasional Contributor

The problem was with the W2K's Remote Storage Manager, It was taking control of the device. I disabled it in the Service and everything is working fine.