108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: 460 Ultrium 1/8 Autoloader - Part #'s and Firmware

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mr. Dean
Frequent Advisor

460 Ultrium 1/8 Autoloader - Part #'s and Firmware

Does anyone know if there is a firmware update for these drives, I cannot find one anywhere.

And does anyone know what the 5x5 product/part # would be for these drives?
I do this everyday...
25 REPLIES 25
Mohammed Ali_2
Valued Contributor

Hi Mr. Dean,

Have a look at this firmware

ltt_ssl_oct03.exe (2.6 MB)

more information for this software:

This file contains a self-extracting bundle of Library and Drive firmware files for the HP StorageWorks DLT1 1280 Superloader, HP StorageWorks SSL1016 DLT1 Autoloader, HP StorageWorks SSL1016 SDLT 160/320GB Autoloader, and HP StorageWorks SSL1016 Ultrium 460 Autoloader. HP StorageWorks Library and Tape Tools (HP L&TT) must be used to download firmware to the autoloader devices.

I hope I've helped.

Mohammed
Mohammed Ali_2
Valued Contributor

Mr. Dean,

This is the link

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?locale=en_US〈=English+%28US%29&pnameOID=342090&prodSeriesId=316063&prodTypeId=12169&basePartNum=COL4398&locBasepartNum=co-14652-3&os=Microsoft+Windows+2000&tech=Firmware++Bundle

Good luck
CA713937
Honored Contributor

Rather than downloading the firmware bundles (which have multiple versions of firmware and occasionally are not quite up to date), just install HP Library & Tape Tools (www.hp.com/support/tapetools). You'll need it anyway if you want to update firmware. In LTT, use "File -> Get files from web" to grab the latest firmware for the autoloader and the drive.
The journey IS the reward.
CA713937
Honored Contributor
Solution

Your autoload should already have the latest firmware (N12r & F78V/OEM18). There have been no firmware updates since product release.

For part numbers:
AA927A = 1/8 Ultrium 460 HP StorageWorks 1/8 Ultrium 460 Tape Autoloader

And here's the quickspecs:
http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/11841_div/11841_div.html

It doesn't hurt to get HP Library & Tape Tools installed, and get familiar with it. In fact when you run it, it will automatically check the web for firmware updates for you.
CA713937
Honored Contributor

> Have a look at this firmware
> ltt_ssl_oct03.exe (2.6 MB)

Sorry Mohammad, that is the firmware for the SSL autoloader, and not the 1/8 autoloader. They also use different variants for drive firmware.

As I mentioned above, there are no firmware updates for the 1/8 460, so we have not posted a firmware bundle yet for this product. When there is new firmware, we will post a bundle with the old and new code.

FYI, the firmware bundles are for those that can't use LTT with internet connectivity to grab the files directly.
Mohammed Ali_2
Valued Contributor

Hi David,

Thanks for your great input and for correcting me. I mysels wasn't sure about the firmware (that's why I wrote "Have a look at this").

Very much appreciated.

Mohammed
Mr. Dean
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Dave, Mohammed. I didn't think there were anymore updates but I just wanted to be sure...I figured the default firmware would at least be posted to download again (to reflash if necessary). I haven't tried looking in L&TT's (get firmware from the web)feature. It slipped my mind.

But you still wouldn't know the 5x5 replacment part #? I found AA927A as the standard model #...but that's it.
I do this everyday...
Munir_1
Trusted Contributor

If you select â get file from webâ in L&TT, under â Firmware tapeâ , it will not show any firmware there for this drive to flash it with.
Is there anywhere that you can download th
Munir_1
Trusted Contributor

If you select â get file from webâ in L&TT, under â Firmware tapeâ , it will not show any firmware there for this drive to flash it with.
Is there anywhere that you can download th