108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 460 Ultrium 1/8 Autoloader - Part #'s and Firmware

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mr. Dean
Frequent Advisor

Thanks, was there something else you were trying to say there? Your sentence kind of just stopped..
I do this everyday...
Munir_1
Trusted Contributor

If you select "get file from web" in L&TT, under "Firmware tape", it will not show any firmware there for this drive to flash it with.
Is there anywhere that you can download the firmware??

(Sorry! I am not sure what happened to my last post.)

Munir!
Mr. Dean
Frequent Advisor

I guess not yet. I'm sure one will come out soon, and hopefully with a 5x5 replacment # too. :\
I do this everyday...
CA713937
Honored Contributor

Munir,
> If you select "get file from web" in L&TT, under "Firmware tape", it will not show any firmware there for this drive to flash it with.

I'm not sure why you are saying this. I previously explained that Get files from web will show the latest firmware (N12r & F78V/OEM18). I just hooked one up and verified they both show up.

> Is there anywhere that you can download the firmware??

Yes, if you can't use the LTT "Get Files from Web" because your server/system running LTT is not connected to the internet, you can use ftp from an appropriately connected machine. Here's the path:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/information_storage/software/ltt/firmware/
The journey IS the reward.
Munir_1
Trusted Contributor

This is exactly what I was looking for.
The LTT was connected to the internet, I don├в t know why it was not showing, but that ok, I found it in the FTP Site

Thank you Dav
CA713937
Honored Contributor

> And does anyone know what the 5x5 product/part # would be for these drives?

I don't think there will be a 5x5 part number. On the Compaq side of things, there are 6x3 numbers. It looks like the spares part is setup in the Compaq system.

AA927A spare = 352504-001
Mr. Dean
Frequent Advisor

Hey thanks a lot Dave, you've answered everything.
I do this everyday...
CA713937
Honored Contributor

> I figured the default firmware would at least be posted to download again (to reflash if necessary.

Just thought I'd make a comment on "reflashing". I've yet to see a product where the firmware became corrupted, and needed to be flashed. Every tape & library product I've worked on since 1982 has a checksum on the firmware. If it doesn't match, the code won't run.

The only thing reflashing really does is:
1) reboot the device. For a DDS drive, that might help get out a tape when the drive was otherwise locked up. You could accomplish the same thing by cycling power.
2) clear logs. This is usually a bad thing, because it removes history that could be useful in looking at past failures.
3) On a few products it clears odometer values (e.g. power-on hours), which also is undesirable.

So, I don't recommend "reflashing" code.

> The LTT was connected to the internet, I don't know why it was not showing...

Send us the LTT eventlog and support ticket if the problem is repeatable (send to ltt_team@hp.com).

CA713937
Honored Contributor

> Hey thanks a lot Dave, you've answered everything.

Not quite ...

If you really want a 5x5 PN, the 6x3 spares part number references the following 5x5 part: AA927-63002

Mr. Dean
Frequent Advisor

May I ask how you find these numbers?
I do this everyday...