2881 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Data Protector Express restore issue: error code 36

OLLIVIER_3
Occasional Contributor

Data Protector Express restore issue: error code 36

Hello,

I'm performing a Fullbackup/Restore on a Proliant DL580 server with Data Protector Express SSE v3.10 SP4 (build 25352) on a DAT 72 USB.

The restore is done by booting on tape thanks to OBDR function

Configuration of server is
==============================

4 Physical drive (72 GB)
2 logical drive (Hardware RAID 1+0 created with Smartstart 7.6 on a P400 SmartArray controler)
2 Linux logical volumes LVM (1 per logical drive)

An error occured during the first partition formatting when restoring the backup .

Error message is
=================

Critical Error 36 : Parameter is invalid
Drm : Error putting server information

Disaster Recovery has failed
Data Protector Express has encoutered the following error: SBERR_INVALID_PARAM

THIS DOES NOT OCCURS WITH ONLY ONE LOGICAL DRIVE (and thus one logical volume LVM)

It seems that Caldera (OS used for restore) has problem in rebuilding disc partition.

Does anyone know about Data Protector Errors Codes ??
Why this occurs only with more than one logical drive ???

Thank for help

Regards.

2 REPLIES 2
jeff nussle

Did you ever receive an answer to this? How did you resolve the problem? I'm experiencing the same issue.

Thanks,
Jeff Nussle
OLLIVIER_3
Occasional Contributor

The only response from HP I had about this is that Data protector Express (which is deliver with Proliant server and thus without any extra charge) cannot backup/restore more than one volume group (I mean a Linux VG LVM ).

I't seems that this is too complex and only data protector (the commercial edition) can do it !!!!

I decided to do it with a GPL project much more accurate, fast and easy to use (no GUI, only 1 command line to backup and 1 commanhd line to restore)