Storage Boards Cleanup
To make it easier to find information about HPE Storage products and solutions, we are doing spring cleaning. This includes consolidation of some older boards, and a simpler structure that more accurately reflects how people use HPE Storage.
Automated Backup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error starting (Compaq) Storageworks TL895

CA1068151
Occasional Visitor

Error starting (Compaq) Storageworks TL895

Every time we try and boot up the library and attempt to perform any action we get a "Extension Flag Missing"

Sense Key: 4
ASC: 83
ASCQ: 23

The user guide says that a 4/83/23 error is a "Extension Mechanical Position Error" and to run a "extension self-test". The thing is no one seems to know where the tapelib (Diagnostic Software) floppy is.

If someone could either give me the solution or send me a zip of the tapelib floppy that would be great.
2 REPLIES
CA1068151
Occasional Visitor

Re: Error starting (Compaq) Storageworks TL895

I found the Diagnostic Disk on the download site.

I would still appriciate it if someone could help me out with the problem.
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

Re: Error starting (Compaq) Storageworks TL895

I'm not an expert on that particular library but I believe that error means that on a plunge operation the library failed to see a sensor trip. This is probably a sensor failure and will require a service call. The gripper assembly will probably need replaced.

If you are out of warrenty there is always the possibility that you could find/replace just the extension flag sensor but I don't have one of those libraries around to check so I can't offer any pointers.