New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Autoloader 1/9 Firmware Update

SOLVED
Go to solution
CA844060
Occasional Advisor

Dave,

Your not going to beleive what happened. after downgraqding the Firmware to 2.26, I was able to tupgrade it to 2.30, then to 2.33. what happened next was unreal.
I was able to upgreade to 2.40 and the front pamel has a smiley face. everything is working fine.

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,
Doug
CA713937
Honored Contributor

> Your not going to beleive what happened. after downgraqding the Firmware to 2.26, I was able to tupgrade it to 2.30, then ...

Actually I DO believe it. You must to go through 2.26 bridge firmware before the RMC card will update to later firmware.

The only thing I don't understand is how you got to 2.40 the first time without the RMC updating. LTT will not let you go from 2.06 to 2.30 or higher without going through 2.26. One way to trick LTT would be by updating to 2.26 with the RMC not present, and then update from 2.26 to 2.40 with the RMC back in. Thaa could put you in the condition you were in. Alternately, perhaps the RMC failed the firmware update to 2.26 because of the flash timing issue. It doesn't tell you it has a problem until you power-cycle. The good news is once
you are on 2.30 or newer, the flash timing issue is corrected.

Well, the real good news is you're on latest firmware now.

- dave
The journey IS the reward.
CA713937
Honored Contributor

Doug,

You might want to update your autoloader to 2.53 firmware when you have time. There are a number of bugfixes and error recovery improvements implemented. You can view the whole change list in the 'get files from web' dialog in Library & Tape Tools. If you select the product ID for revision 2.53, and then click the Details button, it will show you all the changes.
The journey IS the reward.
CA844060
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the Heads up. We just got done with the update.

Thanks again
Doug