5881 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP RDX Protection "Failed to initialize the media"

Yayat
Frequent Advisor

HP RDX Protection "Failed to initialize the media"

Dear all,
I am trialing the rdx 500GB external usb drive on ML350 G5. It was run well as it can do continuous protection and also I did successfully restore the entire HDD. Until then I want to try using "Recycle" function in "Manage HP RDX" to proof the "Recycle" function.The problem occured.

The problem is: after completing the Recycle process The "NEW HP RDX CARTRIDGE DETECTED" window is shown, use this cartridge for hp rdx protection ? If I choose Yes or No then "HP RDX PROTECTION" said "FAILED TO INITIALIZE THE MEDIA". This problem occured booth on recent ML350 G5 or on other machine. But I can see the 500GB HP RDX PROTECTION drive in the windows explorer and the RDX utility said the cartridge is okay.

Please anybody help on this. Thank you very much.

Best rgrd,

Yayat

P.S. This thread has been moved from Disk to Automated Backup. - HP forum moderator

3 REPLIES 3
Jared Sommerville

I have the same problem.
Yayat
Frequent Advisor

Hi Jared,

My case has been solved and the problem was the cardtridge itself. After many retries I replaced the cartridge with new one and the result is ok. Then when I back using the error cardtridge the problem accured again. So I made a conclusion that even a new cartridge it can be damaged.Thank you, hope this will be help.
Yayat
Frequent Advisor

Thanks