Automated Backup
1752782 Members
6456 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP StorageWorks 1/8 Tape Autoloader Ultrium 448

BR744503

HP StorageWorks 1/8 Tape Autoloader Ultrium 448

I just receive the equipment I installed on the W2K server (Compaq DL380 G4 server) and now I have the first problem, the autoloader appears us unknown hardware.
Where can I find some drivers because I don't have any cd with?
I read in the Backup Exec help and I read something about LUN. I have to do some special configuration on the server or autoloader?

Thank you
2 REPLIES 2
CA713937
Honored Contributor

Re: HP StorageWorks 1/8 Tape Autoloader Ultrium 448

The 1/8 448 autoloader uses "SCSI LUNS" for addressing, which means that the device appears as a single SCSI address on the bus, and each of the sub-components (drive and robotics) utilize a separate LUN ID. The drive is LUN 0, and the autoloader is LUN 1.

If you have a SCSI card (or embedded SCSI or raid controller) that does NOT support SCSI LUNs, then only the drive (LUN 0) will be visible.

You can see the supported SCSI HBAs by looking at HP's EBS compatability matrix: www.hp.com/go/ebs (and click on compability matrix link on right side).

Regarding software (assuming you have a supported HBA), you will need a backup application version and driver that supports the device.

For Symantec/Veritas Backup Exec (BUE), the minimum version that supports the 1/8 448 (and 960) is 10.0 Build 5520.

With BUE, you also need a driver bundle. The version that first supports the 1/8 448 is release 46.
See: http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277477.htm
The journey IS the reward.
BR744503

Re: HP StorageWorks 1/8 Tape Autoloader Ultrium 448

I just discover that I need to buy HP 64-bit/133-MHz pci-x dual channel ultra 320 host bus adapter and I have to upgrade Backup Exec from 9 to 10.

Thanks