Automated Backup
1748028 Members
5108 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP Storageworks 1/8 Autoloader

Mohd Norazri

HP Storageworks 1/8 Autoloader

Unable to run backup under Win 2000 Adv Svr, but works fine under Win 2003 Adv Svr. error: 'Cannot detect the selected backup device'. I'm using W2K standard backup software. On HP L&TT software, there is a message required me to enter factory password when I want to open backup log. Where can I get it?
2 REPLIES 2
meloni
Honored Contributor

Re: HP Storageworks 1/8 Autoloader

Hi,

the password is available to support agent only, and anyway usualy there is not more usefull information inside that those you can read in the support ticket, In you case, what is the Backup Sw you are using? NTbackup in W2k do not support media changer, but should detect the drive inside.
Be sure you don't have installed previous BU SW or Utility that are running in the background keeping ownership of the tape drive.
---------------X-------------------X--------------------X----------------X--------------
If everything is under control, you are going too slow (Mario Andretti)
Mohd Norazri

Re: HP Storageworks 1/8 Autoloader

Currently I'm just using W2K standard backup. Actually, I've successfully do the backup, but sometimes some error 'cannot detect the selected backup device' even though the tape is inside. Same prob happen if using new tape. After any success backup, there will an error on tape screen 'unload prevented by scsi command' when I need to unload the media.