Automated Backup
1753496 Members
4203 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion

How to connect my MSL2024

Ilya Panin

How to connect my MSL2024

We have cluster based on Windows 2003 R2 Server Enterprise Edition x64 SP1, with attached MSA 1000 via Qlogic fiber channel controller. How i can attach my MSL 2024 to this system?

In Russian detailed:
К сожалению с английским у меня плохо, может кто есть из русскоговорящих на форуме.
В общем к нас имеется кластер 2х узловой с ОС Windows 2003 R2 Server Enterprise Edition x64 SP1, к нему через оптический контроллер подключена MSA1000. Недавно прикупили MSL2024 и Symantec BackUp Exec 10d. На MSLке есть SCSI, и судя покабелю из комплекта её можно подключить к MSA..только вот соединяю и ничего не могу найти:(
3 REPLIES 3
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

Re: How to connect my MSL2024

What type of interface do you have in your 2024? Those can be fibre channel or parallel SCSI. What server hardware do you have?

If parallel SCSI then you probably need to install a parallel SCSI HBA in your server. If there is already a SCSI card make certain it isn't an array controller as those don't work well with tape devices and most won't work at all with the 2024 library controller.

If your library is fibre channel then you should be able to drop it behind a switch if you have one between your MSA and the host.
Ilya Panin

In msl2024 only 2*SCSI interface. My cluster attached to MSA1000 by fiber optic. I can add FO module in 2024 and attach to FO Swith? I wanna in future use Symantec BackUp Exec 10d for backup and restore...

ps. I'm sorry for my bad English.
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

The 2024 is available with fibre optic drives or parallel SCSI drives. You have the parallel SCSI version. Fibre optic drives are available as an upgrade to that but they replace the parallel SCSI drive(s) and only 1 fibre channel drive can be installed in a 2024.

I would recommend that for your system you install a parallel SCSI Ultra 320 HBA into your cluster and direct attached the 2024.

Without any information on the hardware used for your cluster I can't say whether there might be a suitable HBA already available or if not which one would be compatible.