7498 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Internal RDX320 not seen by Continuous Protection

Kiel Goodman

Internal RDX320 not seen by Continuous Protection

System Specs:
HP ProLiant ML310 G5
Internal RDX Module connected via the internal tape drive USB connector.
320GB RDX Cartridges
MS Server 2008 SP1 x64

Drive Firmware: 3040
RDX Util: 2.20
RDX Util DLL: 2.28
CDP Software: 3.0.512.5424

RDX util will recognise all cartridges and shows their status are 'good', can copy files to and from the cartridges without problem. The RDX drive has been mapped to R:

However I cannot get the CDP to recognise the new cartridge, "Manage HP RDX" always reports "(no cartridge loaded)". The new cartridge wizard never appears, buttons to recycle cartridges are greyed out.

I've tried playing around with services, so far I can see only 3 installed, they're all set to automatic startup and currently running:

HP-RDX-Service
HP-RDX-SysMon
RDXmon 1.35

Before installing CDP I tried using the cartridges for scheduled backups in Windows Server Backup however this fails as they are not removable USB hard drives (still having this problem even after installing the hotfix from Microsoft).

Out of ideas now, anyone have any?
4 REPLIES 4
RBI RBI
Occasional Visitor

Re: Internal RDX320 not seen by Continuous Protection

Hello,

Same problem here.
RDX needs hidden files : I'm trying to solve this problem with the hp support ...

Simon Southwood

Has there been any update on a solution for this? I have the exact same problem on the RDX unit I installed this morning. Tried firmware updates, software updates etc. I have phoned HP but they say they can only support the hardware not the software. I don't really think this is a solution as their product does not currently work. I guess the support woman just wanted me to go away as quickly as possible and return the product and go with someone else that offers support. In the end I had to report it as a hardware issue though my guess would be it's software related.
Pierre Lemieux

I assume you are using Remote Desktop to manage this?

If so, I was told from level 3 support that fix to be able to use CDP from within Remote Desktop (RDP) will be released in one of the next 2 software versions. Until then, workaround is to use KVM or iLO.

Or, install the software and configure the cartridges locally via KVM or iLO and then, once setup, you can use RDP.
i5trooper

I had CDP working with a cartridge, but then I erased the cartridge and now it is not recognized. I think this has something to do with the way CDP remembers if a cartridge should be used with CDP or not. It looks like once you tell CDP to not use a cartridge, there is no way to reset that bit. Can anyone help me get CDP to recognize that cartridge again?