Automated Backup
1752808 Members
5712 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

MSL5060 Library upgrade to SAN

CA434318

MSL5060 Library upgrade to SAN

I have an MSL5060 library wit two LTO1 drives that we originally connected via SCSI. Recently we added two new LTO1 drives and two e1200-600 fiber interface boards. The library recognizes all four drives. The firmware is at the latest version on all four drives and the library itself.

All four drives are seen by Windows Server 2003 and by TSM 5.2. The problem is that I am now getting intermittant errors from the library.

The library reports:
Report from the library named: i0103004, located at IP address: 164.121.212.80 A fault has been posted. These are the details:
Fault Code: 3013 (Soft)
Description: Drive Fetch Failure

Report from the library named: i0103004, located at IP address: 164.121.212.80 A fault has been posted. These are the details:
Fault Code: 3077 (Soft)
Description: Drive Eject Failed

These errors, so far, only occur when accessing drives three and four. I have to clear them manually on the front panel for the library to continue.

Anyone have any ideas on what might me causing these errors?

Thanks,
Kevin
1 REPLY 1
meloni
Honored Contributor

Re: MSL5060 Library upgrade to SAN

Check for proper cabling and terninator, eventualy swapp cables / terminators, then Drives /NSR to identify any harware problem.
Be sure to have the correct maps on both NSR
Be sure to have stopped RSM on the w2k3 server, this service cause a lot of trouble in san environment
If the server is a Proliant, be sure to have the FC agent disable on insight manager
Check on the switch for any increasing error on the new added port.

Marino
---------------X-------------------X--------------------X----------------X--------------
If everything is under control, you are going too slow (Mario Andretti)