Automated Backup
1753639 Members
5294 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion

RDX 160 drive gives an event ID 55 NTFS when inserting a cartridge...

Jeremy Dobe

RDX 160 drive gives an event ID 55 NTFS when inserting a cartridge...

If I insert an RDX160 in my RDX320 it says the disk is corrupted and windows chkdsk starts asking me to continue with or without scanning. Regardless of whichever option I choose it completes and my acrserve backups fail.

I have formatted the media via disk management and also ran chkdsk on the media and it still fails. RDX320 media works no problem. RDX160 is supported on the RDX320. The RDX is in an SBS2008 SP2 64-Bit ML110 G5.

Media works fine using RDX utility and transferring files via Windows Explorer. Main issue is upon insertion media says its corrupt via Windows event viewer and the chkdsk prompt. Result is Arcserve backups fail as unusable disk. Erase and format inside Arcserve makes no difference.

This points me to Windows or hardware compatibility and or possibly bad media but it does the same failure with all 7 of my RDX160's.

I am attempting a full format in disk management now instead of the quick format hoping this will totally eliminate any file structure on the disk and result in a clean insertion.

If anyone has any ideas or a direction to go it would be very much appreciated.

Cheers
Jeremy