1748028 Members
5035 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Security Error

Scott Rheins
Occasional Contributor

Security Error

I recently got a HP SureStore tape 2/20 DLT8000 tape library. I connected it to my backup server. I am using Veritas BackupExec 8.6 as my backup software. When I inventory a tape, I get an alert that says:
"the security mode of the library has been changed. The library has either been put into secure mode, or the library has exited the secure mode. This is for information purposes only. No action is required". I'm not sure what that means and how to correct it. Attached is a copy of the alert log generated by the backup software. Any help on this would be greatly appriecated,
6 REPLIES 6
BR661017
Occasional Advisor

Re: Security Error

Normal the message came if the software set the lib into secure mode.
But I??m not sure if this is normal message for this software release.

Best regards

Frank
CA742975

Scott,

I am also receving the same message, and I have been told to upgrade the firmware on my HP Surestore 2/20 Tape Library and the DLT8000 drives.

Havn't done the upgrade yet, but wondered if you found the solution to your problem as I am reciving the same error:

----- TapeAlert Events -----

Information
Robotic Library for Device: QUANTUM 5 (XXXXX)
The security mode of the library has been changed.
The library has either been put into secure mode, or the library has exited the secure mode.
This is for information purposes only. No action is required.

Warning
Robotic Library for Device: QUANTUM 5 (XXXXX)
Library security has been compromised

CA742975

Just upgraded all of the firmware, with no luck, still receiving the same error.

Chasing HP Support Again.... :-(
Gerald Clay

I don't see that anyone has resolved this problem or if this is a problem. I see the same alerts on both a SureStore 4/40 and 1/9, both with the Ultrium drives and using Backup Exec 8.6. Since one of the related jobs is also failing to load and hanging in the drive, I would like to eliminate this as a possible cause. Has anyone diffinatively identified the source of this alert?
Danny Zak

same here my dlt 818 tape lib (with dlt 8000) gives me the same errors..

they are warnings, so i don't think it is harmfull for the data integerity.

BR732346

i have the same problem with a hp lto autoloader and the new backup exec 9.0