1753416 Members
5234 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ThinStor Autoldr goes offline after every job in arcserve 9

CA1152864

ThinStor Autoldr goes offline after every job in arcserve 9

Hello,

Can someone give me a clue what is wrong. I have a thinstor autoloader 1/9 attached to a HP 64-Bit/133MHz PCI-X 2CH Ultra320 HBA installed in a proliant DL360 G3

Running Arcserve v9 on every job i get the following error after every part of a job. directly followed by a information that the drive is ok again.

What is going on here, please help.

Greatings

Ernst te Brake

eventlog 1
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Storage Agents
Event Category: Events
Event ID: 1192
Date: 2004-03-05
Time: 00:14:46
User: N/A
Computer: GM-BACKUP01
Description:
SCSI Tape Drive Status Change.
The tape drive with SCSI target 5 connected to SCSI bus 1 of the controller in slot 1 has a new status of 5.
(Tape drive status values: 1=other, 2=ok, 3=failed, 5=offline, 6=missingWasOk, 7=missingWasFailed, 8=missingWasOffline)

Data:

eventlog 2
Event Type: Information
Event Source: Storage Agents
Event Category: Events
Event ID: 1192
Date: 2004-07-01
Time: 01:41:12
User: N/A
Computer: GM-BACKUP01
Description:
SCSI Tape Drive Status Change.
The tape drive with SCSI target 5 connected to SCSI bus 1 of the controller in slot 1 has a new status of 2.
(Tape drive status values: 1=other, 2=ok, 3=failed, 5=offline, 6=missingWasOk, 7=missingWasFailed, 8=missingWasOffline)

Data:
3 REPLIES 3
CA1158502

We're having the same problem on a DL380 G3, HP 64-Bit/133MHz PCI-X 2CH Ultra320, using NT Backup however (we're looking at ArcServe as a matter of fact). HP SDLT drive, brand new. 2003 server.

Contacting the HP support, they gave me a fix, supposedly the Event 1192 is evident of Insight Manager polling the tape drive for performance/status information, the patch dissabled this supposedly.

I installed last night, backup failed again with 1192. I hadn't rebooted server, i've done that now and tried again - haven't checked results.

I noted your msg as July 5 or so, If you've found another sollution please reply.

CA1152864

hi kevin,

Didn't found a solution yet. Also not called HP support.

Arcserve does finnish his jobs correctly and does not detect an error. Only HP Systems insight manager is complaning about this.

Could you send me the patch, i want to try it also.

Thanks anyway

Ernst
CA1158502

Here you go, I believe this is the right one. Would suggest calling support however, just to be sure. Seems to have worked for us, no more 1192's, and since trying ArcServe (from ntbackup) we're backing up fine now.

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/19909.html

Event ID 1192 generated when backing up to a MSL5026 library connected to an Ultra320 adapter
Storage Agents 7.05 or earlier

Resolution/Workaround

There is a function in the Storage Agent that wasn't handling the SCSI_Status_Busy signal from the Tape. Every time that the SCSI_Status_Busy signal occurred, the Storage Agent was logging the Event ID 1192. We have already sent the fix to development and it will be included in the Storage Agent version 7.06 and later.