1753821 Members
9024 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

best backup solution

Peram

best backup solution

Hi all,
I've to backup about 70 Gb of data on Linux , can any of you gurus suggest me the backup solution.
Any suggestions will be greately appreciated.

-Peram
3 REPLIES 3
BR19682
Esteemed Contributor

Re: best backup solution

Hi there.
Try to get OmniBack for your machine and a DLT tape drive ( SCSI interface necessary ).
Rgds
Alexander M. Ermes
.. and all these memories are going to vanish like tears in the rain! final words from Rutger Hauer in "Blade Runner"
Rothery Harris
Trusted Contributor

Dear Peram,

I strongly suggest you consider an HP Ultrium tape drive. These drives have a native capacity (ie without data compression) of 100GB and a throughput of 15MB/s (7.5MB/s for the half-height version). These drives are available in internal and external desktop versions from HP. There is also a rack version and a library available. The HP.com website has full details and compatibility. Ultrium is also an 'open' standard (unlike DLT) and tapes can be interchanged with any drive bearing the Ultrium logo.

Rothery Harris
CA720411

Hi Peram,

I would recommend Omniback and LTO drives as well. I have worked with Omniback for the last 9 years and it has been a great backup tool for me. Over those years I have seen the usage of DDS-DLT-LTO and Omniback has worked well with all of them. I ran backups every night for three years without ever losing any data except for one occasion when the DDS tape broke. Thousands of companies, school systems and government agencies are using Omniback with some combination of DDS-DLT-LTO.

I hope this helps!
mind the little things