Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Automated Backup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

surestore 1/9 - error "The SCSI bus was reset (21) " ?

zvika yan
Occasional Visitor

surestore 1/9 - error "The SCSI bus was reset (21) " ?

Hello all
I us with "hp surestore tape
autoloader 1/9" and the scsi card is 2940uw with bios 2.20v ,
and i get lots of "The SCSI bus was reset (21) " events.

What should i do to fix it?
What couse that event?
2 REPLIES
CA713937
Honored Contributor

Re: surestore 1/9 - error "The SCSI bus was reset (21) " ?

I'd say this is most likely due to one or more of the following:

1) Incorrect or excessive cabling, incorrect (or missing) termination, a bad cable/terminator, or a loose connection.

2) SCSI timeouts (which could also be caused by 1, or by timeouts too short for the particular device).

3) Using an incorrect HBA. The 2940UW is a Single Ended SCSI card. You apparenlty have a LVDS autoloader (they also come in HVDS, but the 2940UW would not even talk to that). Ideally you should be using an LVDS HBA (e.g. 2940U2W, 29160, etc). Using a SE HBA reduces the cable lengh supported, and also reduces the transfer rate.
The journey IS the reward.
meloni
Honored Contributor

Re: surestore 1/9 - error "The SCSI bus was reset (21) " ?

usualy this error is caused by bad connections, I suggest you to check for bent pin or loose connections, especialy the interconnect cable between robotic controller and drive, replace terminator also may help.
---------------X-------------------X--------------------X----------------X--------------
If everything is under control, you are going too slow (Mario Andretti)