New Discussion юеВ

Re: Excel macro warning

SOLVED
Go to solution
Antoniov.
Honored Contributor

Excel macro warning

I've got a tedious problem.
I wrote a complex datasheet for my customer; to make easy some works I wrote a macro, I uset it then removed form file.
But now every time my customer open execl file he see a warning message about macro!
How I can remove this message (I deleted all macors!).

Cheers
Antonio Vigliotti
Antonio Maria Vigliotti
12 REPLIES 12
Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor

Can you create a new blank speadsheet and copy the pages from the old to the new? Try it with one page and see if it still shows the macro warning.

Ron
Perignon
Honored Contributor

Antonio,

Normally, this warning should occur only when Excell is opening files containing macros (because worms are fond of macros apparently). If all and any files are concerned, you may be whishing to consider Ron's tip and/or add instructions so that your macros apply to a limited number of data sheets.

Alain.
Frustrations surmounted are paving the way to expertise.
Antoniov.
Honored Contributor

Customer worksheet is too complex to make simply copy and past. I will avoid this operation, I prefer read warning message!

Antonio Vigliotti
Antonio Maria Vigliotti
Paul Starr
Frequent Advisor
Solution

Hi Antonio,

You can turn off the warning message in Excel by clicking on the Tools menu, selecting Options, and clicking on the Security Tab. Next Click on the button labeled Macro Security and set the Security Level to Low. WARNING: Make sure your customer has up to date anti-virus software running! There are a number of viruses and worms that may be activtated by Excel or Word macros.
Rich or poor, it's good to have money.
Bruno Ganino
Honored Contributor

Hi Antoniov,
you see a warning in Excel 2000 when you open a document?
This is possible because it is protect.

Excel lets each user decide under what conditions macros will be allowed to run. By selecting Tools, then Macro, then Security, the user can select any of three ways to handle macros:

- High security.
Macros that have been digitally signed by someone the user trusts can run, but all other macros are prevented from running.

- Medium security.
Macros that have been digitally signed by someone the user trusts can run, but all others will generate a warning dialogue that asks for the user's permission before running. (This is the default setting).

- Low security.
All macros are allowed to run without warning. (This is not a recommended setting).

This vulnerability affects the types of warnings that users with security set to medium would see, and the conditions under which they would see them.

HTH
Bruno
Torino (Turin) +2H
Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor

http://www.office-addins.com/microsoft-excel-add-ins/Macro-Remover.html

might help but it costs $30.

You don't say what version of Excel you are using. There is a patch for 97 which fixes a problem with warnings when there is no macro. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=830356

Ron
Antoniov.
Honored Contributor

Sorry for late answer and points submition.
Paul, your hint worked; I set low protection level because PC has antivirus and usually is not connected to internet.
However, my trouble is message WITHOUT macro. This is a bug of Excel.

Antonio Vigliotti
Antonio Maria Vigliotti
Ganesh Babu
Honored Contributor

hi Antoniov,
Just to make sure that there is no macro.. can u try this

Goto Tools->Macro-> Visual Basic Editor

this will show u a list of Excel objects in the left hand side..

goto each object (sheet1, 2, 3 & Thisworkbook) and make sure there is no code written in it..

Ganesh
Ganesh Babu
Honored Contributor

is this message appearing only for this excel file or for every new excel file of that user??

Ganesh