BackOffice Products
1748156 Members
4007 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Outlook 2007 unable to receive email.

bob cowen
Occasional Contributor

Outlook 2007 unable to receive email.

Outlook 2007 unable to receive email. Work from home, able to send email but not receive email for either of my two accounts; suddenly started during the day without any other noticeable changes; has continued for 4 days. Has been working fine for 18 months on Windows 7 HP laptop. Disabled and then removed Avast anti-virus: no change. Not running Zone Alarm. Removed Outlook and reloaded (with all updates): no change. Removed and then recreated both email accounts: no change. Took laptop to another location to eliminate possibility of problems with router or ISP (AT&T): no change. Following add-ins are active: iTunes, Microsoft conferencing, Exchange unified messaging, SharePoint server colleague, VBA for Outlook, Outlook backup, Change notifier, search email indexer.

When F9 request to send/receive or automated, progress shows sending of email and "live meeting transport" but does not show the two email accounts receiving anything. I'm able to check email from web sites but not from Outlook so I know there is email to be received.

Any suggestions (other than to reload Windows) greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Jay Long_1
Advisor

Have you tried a plain profile with none of the other mail transports added (i.e. Live Meeting) just the e-mail accounts?
bob cowen
Occasional Contributor

PROBLEM FIXED: I discovered that the reason I could not download the entire message was because the ├в send/receive groups├в function was not working. To compound the problem, when trying to create the groups, nothing happened when selected (Tools/SendReceive/SendReceiveSettings/DefineSendReceiveGroups). That was caused by a corrupt ├в srs├в file which I fixed by changing the name to ├в old├в and then Outlook recreated a new one when restarted. Here is the page I discovered that solved the problem: http://office-outlook.com/outlook-forum/