cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meet The Machine

Curt_Hopkins

juliankirk.JPG

By Curt Hopkins, Managing Editor, Hewlett Packard Labs

Here's a fun video by Julian Smith on how The Machine solves the problem of the end of Moore's Law. There is also evidence of his ability to get people to carry him down the streets of Austin, Texas, the HPE light installation at SXSW, and Amish speculation. 

0 Kudos
About the Author

Curt_Hopkins

Managing Editor, Hewlett Packard Labs

Comments
Gary Truesdale

Very funny Julian Smith!  I'm ready to see some product.

dubina

Speaking of Star Trek Beyond and THE MACHINE...

THE QUARANTINE, THE DIAGNOSTIC WRAP, AND THE BOOK.

"Without giving any spoiler alerts, we (HPE) collaborated on three different technological concepts in the film: the quarantine, the diagnostic wrap, and the book. Each of these concepts showcase HPE’s vision for the future of technology, but are rooted in developments we hope to introduce much sooner."

I saw the movie and searched the Internet for references to the quarantine, the diagnostic wrap, and the book.  Alas, I found no explanations of those terms that I could relate to things I saw in the movie.  Yes, The Enterprise was prominent and I saw the HPE logo at least once, but otherwise, nothing much.  In light of that impression, I suppose the showcased "concepts"  may have had something to do with visual algorithm generation that powered Beyond's computer graphics backgrounds..

I would like to confirm that supposition by reading some explict references to the quarantine, the diagnostic wrap, and the book.  Surely that information exists somewhere and possibly it could be made public, yes?

Thanks,

Events
28-30 November
Madrid, Spain
Discover 2017 Madrid
Join us for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Discover 2017 Madrid, taking place 28-30 November at the Feria de Madrid Convention Center
Read more
HPE at Worldwide IT Conferences and Events -  2017
Learn about IT conferences and events  where Hewlett Packard Enterprise has a presence
Read more