HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
Behind the scenes @ Labs
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(VIDEO) Spotlight on: The Machine project and Memory-Driven Computing

Curt_Hopkins

powering.PNG

The Machine project, and the Memory-Driven Computing that powers it, have a multitude of applications. One of the most exciting is how they will help power tomorrow's AI-driven enterprise. Watch Labs Chief Architect Kirk Bresniker, Sharad Singhal, HPE Distinguished Technologist Mike Woodacre, and HPC CTO Eng Lim Goh outline the ways new architectures will make AI more useful and exciting.

0 Kudos
About the Author

Curt_Hopkins

Managing Editor, Hewlett Packard Labs

Comments
dubina

I watched the video in which Kirk Bresniker, reached in his shirt pocket and pulled out "...a dot-product engine, an array of memristors..."

Regarding that "array of memristors", I wonder if you could tell me if it is related in design to 3-D XPoint memory from by and from Intel, and if so, how so. 

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4138849-amazing-powers-observation?app=1&auth_param=1dnt9d:1d663tc:1aab40ff55eb394aaa1273dce65b4a20&uprof=46&dr=1

martina_trucco

Hi @dubina - thanks for your comment and question! Although we wouldn't be able to comment specifically on someone else's technology, we can say that the "Dot Product Engine" you asked about is not related Intel technology.

You can read more about Dot Product Engine here:

https://community.hpe.com/t5/Behind-the-scenes-Labs/Labs-Cat-Graves-gives-supercomputing-experts-the-lowdown-on-the/ba-p/6991310#.WmjnQqinGUk

Thanks for reading!

- Martina, HPE 

Events
Nov 27 - 29
Madrid, Spain
HPE Discover 2018 Madrid
Learn about all things HPE Discover 2018 in Madrid, Spain, 27 - 29 November, 2018.
Read more
See posts for
dates/locations
HPE at 2018 Technology Events
Learn about the technology events where Hewlett Packard Enterprise will have a presence in 2018.
Read more