Big Data
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Analytics for Human Information: New Top Ten Myths of Big Data - Myth #3

jjsimonds

Hi Chris,

I am enjoying your posts a lot.  I'm hoping to find links back to Myth 1 & 2 - other than those I think I'm uptodate.  I have a question on the example.  Although it is very interesting to see the correlation of trying something on with propensity to buy the thought of investing in cameras, storing and sending the video feeds, analyzing the images seems like a lot of effort to answer the question "Did they try the product on first?"  Can you comment on how knowing this will affect behavior?  Will clerks start pushing customers to 'try something on?  It would seem that plan would cause the 50% rate to decline. Can you expound a bit on this solution?  Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
About the Author

jjsimonds

Comments
jjsimonds

Hi Chris,

I am enjoying your posts a lot.  I'm hoping to find links back to Myth 1 & 2 - other than those I think I'm uptodate.  I have a question on the example.  Although it is very interesting to see the correlation of trying something on with propensity to buy the thought of investing in cameras, storing and sending the video feeds, analyzing the images seems like a lot of effort to answer the question "Did they try the product on first?"  Can you comment on how knowing this will affect behavior?  Will clerks start pushing customers to 'try something on?  It would seem that plan would cause the 50% rate to decline. Can you expound a bit on this solution?  Thank you in advance.

Events
June 6 - 8, 2017
Las Vegas, Nevada
Discover 2017 Las Vegas
Join us for HPE Discover 2017 in Las Vegas. The event will be held at the Venetian | Palazzo from June 6-8, 2017.
Read more
Each Month in 2017
Software Expert Days - 2017
Join us online to talk directly with our Software experts during online Expert Days. Find information here about past, current, and upcoming Expert Da...
Read more