BladeSystem - General
1748142 Members
3772 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 3Gb SAS BL Switch Port Mapping

HenTes

3Gb SAS BL Switch Port Mapping

I need how to map HP Storage Works 3Gb SAS BL Switch to my C7000 Enclosure wih BL460c G7 Server. After the mapping I want to connect my HP Storage Works 2420 Tape with SAS Port.
4 REPLIES 4
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Use the Virtual SAS Manager (there are user guides on hp.com). You can find it in the OA. You can also access it via CLI.

In there you can zone the tape drive with a blade.
HenTes

I Have Create Zone and Assigned the server after that there is no Change on the Port Mapping on 3Gb SAS Switch what is the next Procedure . On my first post I didn├в t tell you the Smart Array controller it is P410i and I only have one 3Gb SAS Switch. When I read i found the Smart Array has to be P700 am I correct or what

Thanks Johan
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

I can't find any information about that HP StorageWorks 2420 tape with SAS port.. Do you have a link? There should be a quickspec around with some details about it. Or maybe you can find it in HP SPOCK.

But for example the MDS600 requires a p700m on the blades, so it's quite likely that yes you do need the p700m for this one as well. Maybe the p410i is only for internal disks..
Zygmunt Krawczyk
Honored Contributor

P410i works with internal HDDs only. You need to buy P700m mezzanine card.