4038 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

3Phase c7000 power questions

chuckk281
Trusted Contributor

3Phase c7000 power questions

Richard had an installation question from a customer:

Is there a pointer to a document that describes the 3 Phase color standard used on the c7000 International Power Module -   413381-B21 HP BLc7000 3 PH Intl FIO Power Mod Opt?

I have a site that the electrician is querying how the plug should be attached (the original Hubbell connector was removed for cable routing and needs a Clipsal plug fitted).

I don’t have the plug colours in front of me but I’m assuming these would be the US common practice using black/red/blue/white-grey with green-yellow earth as listed below?

Colours are - Red, Black, Brown, Blue and Green/Yellow according to the customer.

Can anyone confirm the wiring requirements please?

Can anyone confirm this please?

Scott sent this info:

webpic250.jpg

Richard replied:

That table was the link I originally provided in the source email but it does _not_ include the Red, Black, Brown, Blue and Green/Yellow combination.

I think the following will be sufficient for the sparky

As per the site planning guide:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.BINARYPORTLET/public/kb/docDisplay/resource.process/?spf_p.tpst=kbDocDisplay_ws_BI&spf_p.rid_kbDocDisplay=docDisplayResURL&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&spf_p.rst_kbDocDisplay=wsrp-resourceState%3DdocId%253Demr_na-c02842277-1%257CdocLocale%253Den_US&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken

The international 3 Phase models are the 403318/9 and are 4 pole, 5 wire RED.  When wiring a 3-phase enclosure, phase rotation is unimportant. However, the rotation must be consistent for both plugs.

webpic251.png

Any other input?