1752781 Members
6690 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

ADS Vs RDP

markuk

ADS Vs RDP

Hi,

My company are going through the process of deploying Blades into Production and testing for the first time.

We are looking at using either ADS or RDP to deploy base images to the blades and I am just looking for more experienced user’s experiences and preference of using either ADS or RDP?

Any information or input would be great.

Thanks

MarkUK
2 REPLIES 2
Raghuarch
Honored Contributor

Re: ADS Vs RDP

Hi Mark,

if you are Interested in only deploy base images i would suggest RDP.
Even after the deployment you need a good Software to manage the servers if you are thinking of other software for the same
I would suggest you to use a "HP Insight Control management software" which includes RDP along with other important Softwares which are required to manage a HP servers.

The below link contains the free 60-day license keys for the same. You can use it and come to a conclusion within 2 weeks.

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/tryinsightcontrol/index.html

Regards,
Raghuarch
Cederberg
Honored Contributor

Re: ADS Vs RDP

Hi!

I suggest you use RDP. It's built on Altiris Deployment solution and it has many handy, HP written scripts to deploy and configure your servers. It makes more sence to me to use a HP supplied software to deploy HP servers. Problably more cost efficient as you get licences to deploy servers with the c-class enclosure. Not sure if you get them with DL servers though.