1752577 Members
4051 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Accessing ILO 2 through the service port on C7000

Koopa
Frequent Advisor

Accessing ILO 2 through the service port on C7000

I'm trying to access the ILO2 on a blade within in an enclosure but through the service port. Any body have any advise on how to do this. I have a document which shows I should be using the "route add" feature in DOS to do so, but I can't get it working correctly. Could someone give me dummy IP's and what command they are typing in to do so.
P.S. blade firmware is at 1.5, and the OA firmware is 2.25
4 REPLIES 4
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

easiest is to use windows laptop connected to enclosure up link -port from top enclosure in a rack. It will give You APIPA IP address.
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
Koopa
Frequent Advisor

right i think i've done that, and i can then log in to OA fine, but when i try to remote console to a blade it then throws up, internet explorer can not display page. How do you get past that?
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

well the port is meant for OA troubleshooting. If your OA works fine why do you want to use the service port ?
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
Koopa
Frequent Advisor

On our site, certain parts are maintained by other vendors. Once a network cable has been installed in the OA, then we shouldn't remove it. So I was hoping that service port would give us access, even if teh other vendor doesn't want to let us connect a laptop locally in the OA which would mean removing there connection.