BladeSystem - General
1752328 Members
5374 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Active/Active Flex configuration question.

SOLVED
Go to solution
JD-WFH
Advisor

Active/Active Flex configuration question.

I've been banging my head against the side of this enclosure trying to get this to work.

Here's my scenario:
I have a c7000, OA firmware 3.21, VC firmware 3.17. This is a brand new enclosure.
I've got Flex-10 modules in bays 1 and 2. I've got 6 uplinks in each going to a Cisco Nexus 2232PP Fabric extender in mid rack, then up to the Nexus 5548p at the top of the rack.

All 6 ports are in a single trunk. While Im not the network guy around here, I am the blade guy around here. What I want to do is have an active/active setup using all 6 ports on each module, and I am also constrained to tuneeling VLAN tags, which we will configure them at the host level.

Should I define the network as all 6 ports on one interconnect be one network and the other interconnect as another network?

I've tried a number of configurations and what I'm getting only one port of each module active.

I know it sounds like overkill to do it this way, but we are capacity planning for the future, and since we can do it, we might as well is what management thinks.

What would be the best case scenario, given my restrictions?
3 REPLIES 3
HEM_2
Honored Contributor

JD,

for active/active create 2 Networks, NET-A with the 6 uplinks from the Bay 1 module and Net-B with the 6 uplinks from the Bay 2 module.

By Default VC runs LACP Active mode and tries to form a channel with the other side. Make sure the FEX ports on the 2232P are configured from channel-group X mode active or passive (not mode on).

If the channels are forming properly all 12 links should show as Linked-Active.
JD-WFH
Advisor

To clarify: one Ethernet network, not a shared uplink set, but all ports from interconnect one on one network, then all ports on interconnect two on the other. Then enable Smart Link and Enable VLAN tunneling?
HEM_2
Honored Contributor
Solution