108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Actual IP of blade does not match configured IP

SOLVED
Go to solution
SR7758
Occasional Visitor

Actual IP of blade does not match configured IP

Hello. We are setting up our first HPE Synergy servers and have everything about ready. When we initially setup the iLO on the Blades, I had the wrong IP information given to me, so I had to go into the iLOs and change the IPs. Since then, I have been getting these errors:
The actual IPv4 address (10.0.0.13) for ChassisX, bay 1 does not match the expected configuration (10.0.0.23)
The actual IPv4 address (10.0.0.14) for ChassisX, bay 2 does not match the expected configuration (10.0.0.24)

I understand that reapplying the configuration will overwrite the iLO IP addresses to the configured IP, which is incorrect. Where do I change the configured IP addresses?

Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

@SR7758 wrote:

Hello. We are setting up our first HPE Synergy servers and have everything about ready. When we initially setup the iLO on the Blades, I had the wrong IP information given to me, so I had to go into the iLOs and change the IPs. Since then, I have been getting these errors:
The actual IPv4 address (10.0.0.13) for ChassisX, bay 1 does not match the expected configuration (10.0.0.23)
The actual IPv4 address (10.0.0.14) for ChassisX, bay 2 does not match the expected configuration (10.0.0.24)

I understand that reapplying the configuration will overwrite the iLO IP addresses to the configured IP, which is incorrect. Where do I change the configured IP addresses?

Thank you in advance.

My first thought would be that EBIPA (Enclosure Bay IP Adressing) is enabled.  Check in the OA and see if EBIPA is enabled and configured.  This is assuming you are setting static IP's directly in the iLO. EBIPA works by leaving the iLO set to DHCP and allowing the enclosure settings to configure iLO networking

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
SR7758
Occasional Visitor
Solution

I was able to fix this issue by adding the correct address range under Settings>>Adresses and Identifiers, then changeing the Enclosure group to use the new range, and applying the Group configuration to the Logical Enclosure, after which I was able to delete the old address range.

NachoFTS

¿When you do that, the servers on enclosure had lost comunication or go down during thi change?

Thank you for the answer