108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: After move HP VC flex fabric modules to other bays I can not access VCM

SOLVED
Go to solution
peyrache
Respected Contributor

Try to remove lock on oa (clear VC mode button under enclosure setting )
mc21_hp
Advisor

After "Clear VC mode" button in OA web-interface I got strange effect. in the OA web-interface I saw "Virtual Connect Mode is currently: Disabled"

I still can not login to VCM on bay 4 IP 192.168.128.48 (result was - The active Virtual Connect Manager is not at this IP address currently.)

I can log in to VCM on bay 3 IP 192.168.128.47. User name and password was accepted and "Virtual Connect Manager Domain Setup Wizard" started. On second screen of wizard I entered "OA User Name" and "OA Password". After I pressed "Next" text "Finding Local Enclosure" arised. Then I got error "The web browser was not able to communicate with Virtual Connect Manager in the allowed time. You will be redirected to the login page."

After relogon I got same as in start of topoic situation:

When I try open VCM:

https://192.168.128.47 -> redirect to https://192.168.128.48 -> "The active Virtual Connect Manager is not at this IP address currently."
https://192.168.128.48 -> "The active Virtual Connect Manager is not at this IP address currently."

And in the OA web-interface (where button "Clear VC Mode" is) I see "Virtual Connect Mode is currently: Enabled"

peyrache
Respected Contributor

Seems an issue between module In slot 3 and 4 (no comm)
Please Try to do again with only one module on slot 3 nothing on slot 4 (clear vc mode)
JY
mc21_hp
Advisor

>Seems an issue between module In slot 3 and 4 (no comm)
>Please Try to do again with only one module on slot 3 nothing on slot 4 (clear vc mode)

Should I extract module from bay 4 or power off will be enough?

peyrache
Respected Contributor

remove from slot 4 please

JY

mc21_hp
Advisor
Solution

>remove from slot 4 please

It didn't help. I got "strange effect" again.

But when I removed both modules from bay 3,4 and installed it back to bay 7,8 "Virtual Connect Manager Domain Setup Wizard" started and completed without problems.

Now I have access to VCM. But I need to install VC modules to bay 3,4 for connecting with mezzanine-1 .

Does correct procedure for transfer VC modules to other bays in same enclosure exist?

peyrache
Respected Contributor

try to do setup again in bay 7 and 8 then do not complete setup just move to bay 3 and 4
mc21_hp
Advisor

Let me write checklist:

1. In OA web-interface I got to go to "Enclosure Information"->"Enclosure Settings"->"Reset Factory Defaults" and press button "Clear VC Mode".
2. Then I will go to VCM web-interface and see wellcome screen of "Virtual Connect Manager Domain Setup Wizard".
3. I need to exit from Wizard and power off both VC modules
4. Then I will set IP-configuration for destination bays (3,4) same as in source bays (7,8)
5. Finally I will physically move VC modules from bay 7,8 to 3,4, power ON, continue "Virtual Connect Manager Domain Setup Wizard" and hope for better.

Do I think right?

peyrache
Respected Contributor

right
mc21_hp
Advisor

It works! But one difference in the procedure has place.

On step 2 I didn't get "Virtual Connect Manager Domain Setup Wizard". After I connect to VCM I got message "The HPE Virtual Connect Manager no longer has valid login credentials for the HPE Onboard Administrator (OA). The OA may have been replaced or reset to factory defaults. To ensure proper operation, these credentials must be re-established."

At this point I didn't type any credentials. I turned off VC modules and went to step 4. Then everything was according to plan.