1752795 Members
6297 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Automatic power on to blades in slots 1, 2 and 8

Greg_Hooper
Frequent Visitor

Automatic power on to blades in slots 1, 2 and 8

I apologize if this has been posted previously, I'm new here and I searched but didn't come up with anything.  I have multiple c7000 enclosures with a mix of BL460c G6's and BL680c G5's.  I am running OA 3.21, VC 3.18 with Enet and FC modules, iLO2 2.06 and current BIOS fw on blades.  I am not using VCEM.  I have an issue occurring on more than one enclosure where the blades in slots 1, 2 and 8 power on after a full shutdown, even when the auto power on switch is set to no in the iLO config.  I cannot find any other settings that would cause this.  Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
Steven Clementi
Honored Contributor

Re: Automatic power on to blades in slots 1, 2 and 8

Your firmwares are fairly old.  I would update the firmware then check to see if the servers exhibit the same behavior.

I've seen a similar issue with a Blade Enclosure that I semi manage... it is/was running OA v 3.55, Ilo's are 2.09, VC 3.51 or 3.60 and it was happening with the G6 blades only in the enclosure.  I have a mix of G1/G6/G7.

Latest G6 BIOS is 5/5/11 I believe unless there was another update in the past 2 months.  That could be the issue.

Steven Clementi
HP Master ASE, Storage, Servers, and Clustering
MCSE (NT 4.0, W2K, W2K3)
VCP (ESX2, Vi3, vSphere4, vSphere5, vSphere 6.x)
RHCE
NPP3 (Nutanix Platform Professional)