Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BL20P Class Blade enclosure, fault indicator shows red light

Kritao
Regular Advisor

BL20P Class Blade enclosure, fault indicator shows red light

Hi,
we are having BL P class enclosure with 4 BL20P G3 blades, power enclosure is 3 phase, with 4 modules in it. recently we added one more enclosure, with 4 no.s of BL20P G4 blades, every thing is working, but behind the new enclosure, the management module shows red indicator on fault LED. Any one faced this issue. Pls help
2 REPLIES
Fatih Celebi
Occasional Advisor

Re: BL20P Class Blade enclosure, fault indicator shows red light

Hi,

Actually we had the same thing. It was simply faulty. I also noticed that when I was using the ILO in any of the BL20p G2 servers in the ILO Rack section the power supply info was missing and I was not able to contact the mgmt module or upgrade the firmware. I called HP support and reported it and they sent me another mgmt module which I changed online while all the servers were online (though not recommended by HP support) without any problems and I upgraded the firmware to 2.32 on the new mgmt module and now I can se it in ILO and the power info and the temperature.
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Re: BL20P Class Blade enclosure, fault indicator shows red light

you can reseat management module while other server up and running, management module it's hot pluggable component. Check IML log for error entry, also if IML don't have enough details use hyper terminal session (service port) for more details