BladeSystem - General
1751870 Members
5392 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: BL20P G2 - no power, no boot

dgaussiran

BL20P G2 - no power, no boot

I have a BL20P G2 enclosure running 8 servers. Today, after swapping a couple drives out of a server and rebooting via its ILO, it will not power up. There are no error indicator lights and the server itself has no lights basically as if it were not inserted into the enclosure. Holding the power down for various lengths of time does nothing. ILO no longer responds to requests as it did earlier. We've reseated the blade server a couple times to no avail. We also shut down a functioning server, pulled it and inserted it into this slot and now THAT server will no longer boot in its original slot, either!

I've read through various posts here relating to a similar issue, but they talk about using the ILO virtual power to boot it, flash the firmware, hold down the power button, check error indicators, etc., but I cannot flash firmware when the server has no power and with no error indications it's impossible to tell where the issue lies. Any wisdom on this?
3 REPLIES 3
cari4ever

Try this:

remove the blade and blow on the inserted side! Hit
Up UP Down Down Left Right Left Right A B AB
Timur S Lukovkin
Regular Advisor

you will have to replace the system board.
gregersenj
Honored Contributor

In most cases it's the DC/DC converter that fail. If so, then you don't have to replace the system I/O board.

BR
/jag

Accept or Kudo