New Discussion юеВ

Re: BL460G6

SOLVED
Go to solution
toni osta
Frequent Advisor

BL460G6

Hi
i have a C7000 enlosure with two OA ( firmware 2.32 Dec 2008)
i have BL460C G5 running well
but i have added a BL460G6 server blade but i have this error :
Server Blade #6 Information:
Type: Server Blade
Manufacturer: HP
Product Name: HP ProLiant BL460c G6
Part Number: [Unknown]
System Board Spare Part Number: 531221-001
Serial Number: [Unknown]
UUID:
Server Name: [Unknown]
Asset Tag: [Unknown]
ROM Version: [Unknown]

does i need to upgrade the OA firmware
Best Rgds

7 REPLIES 7
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Well none of the later firmware updates specifically say they are there to support G6 servers but 2.32 was the 1st to support G5 so it did not know of G6 at that time. So it would be recommended that you upgrade.
toni osta
Frequent Advisor

can i put the firmware that i need to load on any laptop on the same network of the OA or it should be located on one of the blades ?
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Toni,
My OA's are at 2.60, and I recently installed a bunch of G6's without any issues.

Dave.
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Toni,

Check Note 2 on the "Previous Firmware Versions" tab of this page:
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/blades/components/c-class.html

You will see that HP requires OA version 2.51 or higher for compatibility with G6 blades.

OA firmware can be uploaded from your laptop or any other share on the same network.

good luck
toni osta
Frequent Advisor

- Thank you for the replies

can i upgrade directly to the latest firware OA version or should i pass by the next one first
as per the pre rquisits , i should update also the ILO and ROM and the VC firmware (is it mandatory ? )

before the update of the OA , how can i do a backup of the OA configuration ?

Thank you
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

>>can i upgrade directly to the latest firware OA version or should i pass by the next one first

It is safe to go directly from 2.32 to 2.51/2.52/2.60

>>as per the pre rquisits , i should update also the ILO and ROM and the VC firmware (is it mandatory ? )

Yes. Update the ROM, ILO, PMC (Power Management Controller), OA, and VC. If your VC is older than 1.34 then you should upgrade that before you upgrade the OA.

>>before the update of the OA , how can i do a backup of the OA configuration ?

From the GUI, Enclosure Information > Enclosure Settings > Configuration Scripts.
Follow the link, "Click here to view a configuration script containing the current settings for this enclosure."

Hope that helps.
The Brit
Honored Contributor

Just to finish the last post.

When the new window opens containing the configuration, use the "Edit" menu to "Select all", then "Copy".

Now open NOTEPAD, (or some other text editor) and "Paste" the configuration into the Editor.

Now "Save" the file to your server with whatever name you want to use.

Dave