Re: BL460c G1 - Broadcom driver installation error

SOLVED
Go to solution
MELKI
Occasional Advisor

BL460c G1 - Broadcom driver installation error

Bonjour,

Since a few weeks, i have many problem to install
HP NC-Series Broadcom 1Gb Multifunction Driver for Windows Server 2003 x64 Editions
and
HP NC-Series Broadcom 1Gb Multifunction Driver for Windows Server 2003 w32 Editions.

VCA show the version 4.6.17.0 available.

This version does not install unless the version 4.6.16.0 is installed (but this version is not installed).

The only solution is to install manually the 4.6.16.0 version (through HPSIM repository).

Another Problem : the version 4.6.16.0 sometimes failed to correctly detect the NICs and require a reboot or a desinstallation/reinstallation of the devices...

Third problem : The HP Network Configuration Utility does not launch if upgraded toi his last version because.... he require the 4.17 NIC version.

Since 4.16 version, i choose to not install the network drivers but the VCA show now his statut as a Warning.

Does anyone encoutered this issue ?
3 REPLIES 3
James Kennedy_4
Trusted Contributor
Solution

HP Released a bulletin about this problem.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c01684544&dimid=1045547850&dicid=alr_mar09&jumpid=em_alerts/us/mar09/all/xbu/emailsubid/mrm/mcc/loc/rbu_category_Notice(Revision)/alerts

I've always been solving by extracting the driver locally. And then manually updateding the Virutal NIC and then the Phyiscal NICs by pointing to that folder.

I assume either way works, just really annoying.
MELKI
Occasional Advisor

Thx for answer.
I will also use a script while waiting the next driver update.
MELKI
Occasional Advisor

Done