1748152 Members
3431 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: BL460c G6 NIC Teaming issue

ryback
Occasional Advisor

BL460c G6 NIC Teaming issue

We have just got a BL460C G6 with a HP NC326M PCIe mezzanine card for our c7000 Enclosure.

As the screen shot shows from the device manager, there are 4 NICs available for a team.

We do not have 10Gbe networking, but that is the only option I have for the team.

I have downloaded the latest HP Networking Configuration utility (9.90.1.0) and drivers (12.4.0.2) from http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3884099&prodTypeId=3709945&prodSeriesId=3884098&swLang=13&taskId=135&swEnvOID=4064#11395

But cannot team the 1Gb NICs as they do not show up in the Networking Utility.

Also have the same issue on our new DL460 G5.
9 REPLIES 9
Ken Krubsack
Trusted Contributor

ryback,

Need a little more info here. What do you have in the enclosure for network - VirtualConnect, Cisco switches...? If VirtualConnect, did you create server profiles? Also, do the configs match - that is, do you have the mezz card in the right port to match the network cards in the enclosure itself?
ryback
Occasional Advisor

Thanks Ken.

It is just stock standard c7000 Passthrough NICS.

I forgot to mention that the server is 2008R2.

I have worked it out. It would appear that the HP Network Configuration Utility is NOT R2 compatible....

I have within Windows bridged the desired NICs and have tested for failover (which is what we are after - load balancing would be great - but not critical).
TarunJain
Respected Contributor

Hi ryback,
Thanks for sharing the workaround.
Did you got any official response from hp about the compatibility issue?

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo
src="/html/assets/hpe_banner_SME_signature.p ng">

ryback
Occasional Advisor

No, I haven't - I was kinda under the gun to get the server into production so we could migrate our vCentre server.
Woodies

Hi,
I have a BL460c G6 with Dual Port HBA's and am using Windows 2008 R2.

I can't seem to get the 1Gb NICs to show like you have in your attachment. The 10Gb ones show fine.

Any idea why?

Thanks
ryback
Occasional Advisor

Yeah we got the same "issue" with all our BL460's.

You know why they don't show? At least for us it was as simple as realising that we only have 2 pass though modules installed on our c7000. Install 2 more and all 4 NICs will show.....
Woodies

I definitely do have 4 pass through modules as I have older BL460 G1's and these can see all 4 NICs.
Techily

We have had the same issue on several new BL460C G6 blades. The problem has been narrowed down to Symantec Endpoint & how it creates this "Teefer" nic. Disable that in Device Manager (you have to enable viewing Hidden Devices) and the nics then show up.

http://aka-community.symantec.com/connect/forums/server-network-adapter-teams-broken-network-traffic-failing-nic-team-adaptive-load-balancing
"If at first you do succeed, try to hide your astonishment." - Harry Brelsford
The Brit
Honored Contributor

For Woodie,

If your 2-port NIC card is on Mezz 1, then the second pair of pass-throughs need to be in IC Bays 3 & 4. If the NIC card is on Mezz 2, the the passthroughs need to be in IC Bays 5 & 6.

Dave