4281 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: BL460c G6 Teaming

John van_2
Frequent Advisor

BL460c G6 Teaming

Hi,

Just got a new BL460c G6 blade and installed Windows 2008 x64. Trying to get teaming working between the embedded NIC and the mezzanine NIC.

As soon as I Team a couple of ports, the "Save" button in NCU is disabled. If I close NCU it asks if I want to save, but when I reopen, the Teaming is gone.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks,

John
9 REPLIES 9
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

John,
What Mezz card are you using? I may have a similar problem on the BL495C5
John van_2
Frequent Advisor

I have the following Mez card:

HP NC382m Dual Port 1GbE Multifunction BL-c Adapter

John
SoorajCleris
Honored Contributor

Hi John,

May I ask some more information?

Which is your enclosure?
In which device bay you have the server?
Which interconnect you have?
Which and all interconnect bays are populated? and with which model?

Which mezzanine slot ? ( one or two )

Regards,
Sooraj
"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity" - Dennis Ritchie
John van_2
Frequent Advisor

Thank you for your response.

It is a C3000 enclosure.
This server is in device bay 6
I have two GbE2c ethernet switches in interconnect bays 1 and 2. Bays 3 and 4 are not populated.
The NIC card is in Mezzanine slot 1 the same as my other BL460c blades. I have a QLogic QMH2462 4Gb FC HBA in mezzanine slot 2.

John
SoorajCleris
Honored Contributor

Hi John,

Have you enabled the cross connects?

Regards,
Sooraj U
"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a genius to understand the simplicity" - Dennis Ritchie
John van_2
Frequent Advisor

Yes I have. The C3000 has been running almost 12 months with 4 x BL460c G1 blades with similar configuration. This is a new blade which I wanted to setup the same way as the existing blades.

John
SoorajCleris
Honored Contributor

Hi John,

I understand that, you have already 4 servers running with same configuration ( teaming ) with the same OS and same drivers.

is that correct?

Regards,
Sooraj U
John van_2
Frequent Advisor

Same operating system. But the new generation BL460c have different embedded NIC's and the Mezzanine card is also a later version. The older G1 blades have NC373m Dual Port while the new G6 blade has a HP NC382m Dual Port.

John
Melissa K. McDowell
Occasional Advisor

Do I understand that the NICs to be teamed are not identical to each other? I have heard that the teamed NICs have to be the same or it won't work. But I am not claiming authoritative knowledge on it, as I am also newish to this Blade thingy.