BladeSystem - General
1751920 Members
4701 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: BL460c G6 - W2K8 std. hangs at the end

atos_server

BL460c G6 - W2K8 std. hangs at the end

Hello I tried to installed Windows 2008 std edition on new HP BL460c G6 but its hangs on the last. On the based on forum I tried to installed enabling multipath but it still hands at the end. So far w2k3 works with out issue. Any support would be greatly appreciated. I am already behind the schedule for the project.

9 REPLIES 9
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello, have you tried installing OS with SmartStart cd?

Jan
Ronny Bunke
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

wie had the same problem with boot on san BL460c G6 and Windows 2008.

It is important to have a singelpath to the storage.

Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello,
now I remember the same issue - do not connect SAN multipath devices untile you have properly installed multipath software/drivers

Jan
atos_server

Yea, I tried with single path as well it didn't work out (same problem). But I was able to installed w2k8 R2 it worked without problem, Only I am having problem with non R2 standard edition (Japanese OS).
rossb2
Frequent Advisor

Try removing any mezzanine cards or storage blades if you have any connected. You need to make the install as basic as possible.
atos_server

I am installing on EMC storage disk if i removed mezzanine card how would it connect storage?

By the way I tried to install using smartstart CD as well but didn't display Storage disk.
Ronny Bunke
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

it is really important that you have only an a singelpath.

Your Storage has more as one controller interface.

Create a zoning with only one storagecontrollerinterface and one bladeinterface.

Ronny
atos_server

Thank you Ronny. It worked with single zoning path.

atos_server

After successfully installed OS, I installed Powerpath and did zoning and masking for multipath as before again System got frozen. (system doesn't start up) does anybody has encounter with such problem and any ideas if it has been fixed. I have never enountered with such problem before.