HPE Community read-only access December 15, 2018
This is a maintenance upgrade. You will be able to read articles and posts, but not post or reply.
Hours:
Dec 15, 4:00 am to 10:00 am UTC
Dec 14, 10:00 pm CST to Dec 15, 4:00 am CST
Dec 14, 8:00 pm PST to Dec 15, 2:00 am PST
BladeSystem - General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BL460c Installing WS2008 R2 - CD/DVD Device Driver Missing

Neil Sutton
Advisor

BL460c Installing WS2008 R2 - CD/DVD Device Driver Missing

Hi,

I am in the process of trying to install Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 onto a HP BL460c, shortly after booting in WinPE from the install disc I get the message 'A CD/DVD Drive Device Driver is Missing'
I have tried to provide it with the E200i SAS/SATA drivers from the HP website but even though it detected they were valid for my hardware, it's still looking for some other driver (presumably some chipset driver for the CD/DVD in the C3000 enclosure)

Can anyone tell me where I can get the driver it's looking for as there isn't much else listed on the driver page for the BL460c.

Cheers!
6 REPLIES
Neil Sutton
Advisor

Re: BL460c Installing WS2008 R2 - CD/DVD Device Driver Missing

Anyone have any ideas? Need to install this server fairly soon..
I have spoken to HP who just suggested to use the HP SmartStart CD (which doesn't support R2..)
WFHC-WI
Honored Contributor

Hi Neil,

You should try using the Virtual Media feature through iLO. You can host the DVD in your PC's optical drive and map to the blade or create an ISO file on the network.

good luck
Neil Sutton
Advisor

Thanks for the reply.
I'm not sure if it will solve the problem as I have already tried using an external USB drive (just a standard liteon DVD drive..) and it was still asking for drivers for the CD/DVD drive, but I'll certainly give it a try tomorrow! :)
Paul Sabin
Occasional Visitor

I can confirm installing via virtual media does not work either. I did, however, see the smartstart-8.25-0-x64 DOES list 2008R2 as a supported OS. I am attempting to install from there and will post results back here.
Paul Sabin
Occasional Visitor

My bad. I read SP2 as R2 (wishful thinking.) Smartstart does not work.
Paul Sabin
Occasional Visitor

New update. So, using the virtual media applet causes the install to fail looking for cdrom drivers. However, using the Integrated Remote Console (active-x) and connecting the ISO from the drop-down there worked. I am now at step 2. I will continue to update.