1748288 Members
3413 Online
108761 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

BL460c Linux Boot From SAN Problems

logx

BL460c Linux Boot From SAN Problems

Hi,

I am trying to setup a diskless server to boot from SAN under clean CentOS 4.7 i386 install. Minimal setup, standard partitioning scheme. Installer finishes fine, however when the server is rebooted it hangs at:

"Attempting Boot From Hard Drive (C:)"

I am using Emulex LPe1105-HP card/EVA 4400/BL460c.

Any thoughts on this? I was not able to find too much info online about this.

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4
Ana M. Garc├нa Olivencia
Regular Advisor

Re: BL460c Linux Boot From SAN Problems

Hi.

Apparently, we have had the same problem and it seems that there is a bug in the installation program; although it seems that the partitions are created and the operating system installed, you can test that the partitions are not really created.

The problem was solved partitioning the disk before starting the installation program and not choosing the option of the installation program to create the partitions.

Hope this can help you.

Ana
JKytsi
Honored Contributor

you have enabled the FC bios for HBA ports. Does the installation support multipath ? usually it does not, so only via single path.
Remember to give Kudos to answers! (click the KUDOS star)

You can find me from Twitter @JKytsi
Fares-UX
Advisor

At first verify the configuration of your HBA, enable the BIOS, and change the autodetect option to FABRIC point to point, configure all the paths to the disk and finally ejecute the installation from linux installation prompt using the command "boot mpath"

It works for me using oracle linux enterprise 5.2

There is a guide if you need assistance to configure your HBA

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01513866/c01513866.pdf

Regards,
Fares-UX
Advisor

The prompt command is "linux mpath" sorry for the mistake...