cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BL460c on Hitachi SAN

Troy Harrell
Advisor

BL460c on Hitachi SAN

It has been a very interesting week messing around with this blade. The objective was to build a SAN Boot Server on a BL460c attached to Hitachi SAN running Windows 2003 SP2 Stardard Edition. I have done this countless of times in the past without any problems using the same process and procedures through RDP. The job I am using is "x86 Deploy Windows 2003 Standard". Before initiating the job I already update the HBA firmware and BIOS. I running HP Support Pack.

Problem: The blade boots to PXE fine, Winpe loads with no problem and then the job initiate the first script to reboot blade and runs "Deploy System Configuration". All is fine up until it gets to script "Copy Distribution File" then it seems like something put on the brakes with throughput performance. It took at least 3 hours for the file to copy to F:\. Once completed Windows Setup screen would appear and would crash out due to the slow performance. This was attempted 2 time.

Things I've tried to resolve:
I changed the HBA controller. Same results
I swampt out blade. Same results
Tried to build it manually without going through the RDP server or network. Same results.
Last, I moved the blade to a different chassis, had blade team change SAN path. Same results, however, after 6 hours the OS installed using the RDP process. Normally this process take 30 minutes from start to finish. When I reboot the blade it takes 2 hour to boot and 1.5 hours to log in.

What could be the problem?

Thanks
Troy
2 REPLIES
Timur S Lukovkin
Regular Advisor

Re: BL460c on Hitachi SAN

BAsics: Firmware, Drivers!! Did you check that on both?
Troy Harrell
Advisor

Re: BL460c on Hitachi SAN

Yes, that is the first I did prior to running the RDP job.