5337 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

BL460c's running Business Objects Data Integrator

Chris Velasquez
Contributor

BL460c's running Business Objects Data Integrator

Looking for answers to a question posed by a customer. See below:

We have Business Objects (HP Software Partner according to HP site) Data Integrator installed on two of the new BL460s that we just put in about a month or so ago. Firmware, drivers, and software are current across the board. They are running Windows Server 2003 SP2.

When anybody is connected to either server that has the software installed via ILO through the OA and they log off of the system (Start/Log Off), it kills one of the two Data Integrator services (Data Integrator Web Server). We then have to restart the service manually.
You do not even need to close the ILO seesion, just log off of the server OS.

If anybody connects to either server via Remote Desktop and performs the same log off function (Start/Log Off), the service continues to run like it should.

I have verified this several times with several different users.
Because of this, we will not be able to use ILO on these two systems since there is a chance someone may forget to restart the Windows service resulting in the application going down.

Do you have any clue on what may be causing this? I have searched the HP and Business Objects websites as well as Google, but have not been able to find anything. I just figured I would check with you guys (since you know everything about blades and ILO) before I open tickets with both HP and Business Objects.

Thanks for any help!
Chris