3839 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

BL460c servers unable to power up.

Leonard Thng
Frequent Advisor

BL460c servers unable to power up.

Hi,

I've a newly setup C-Class blade enclosure. Currently has 6 x BL460c blade servers. I've upgraded the OA firmware to version 1.3. I've installed 6 fans, 6 power bars, 2 network interconnect on bay 1 & 2, 2 FC switches on bay 3 & 4 and lastly another 2 network interconnect on bay 5 & 6.

2 of the servers are installed with a quad NIC mezzanine at slot 2 in the server.

When i powered up the 1st server, the server does not boot up and the NIC LED lights up in red. However, in OA there's no error indicated and the server is not detected at all. Tried with the remaining servers but same error occurs.

Need some advices urgently. Thanks.

Leonard
4 REPLIES 4
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Re: BL460c servers unable to power up.

Leonard

Just to confirm:

Your quad nic card should be in the type II slot shown in the picture attchment and the FC HBA in the type I slot. Is that what you mean.

If you have them in this position then I'd try pulling out interconnects 3-6 and then seeing if the server powers up ok.

Or swop over the network interconnects from 1 & 2 to 5 & 6 and see what happens there.
J.K.Dinesh

Hi,

The problem was found to be hardware failure of the Enclosure C7000 midplane. WE logged a cal to HP,replaced the midplane and everythink worked normally.

Regards
Dinesh
Leonard Thng
Frequent Advisor

There's a blade enclosure hardware error that causes the blade in bay 1 unable to be detected. Logged a call to HP and a change of hardware solved the issue.
Kevin Ware
Occasional Contributor

Leonard,

What hardware did you replace? Was it the midplain?

Thanks,
Kevin