BladeSystem - General
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BL680 G5 embedded nics do not connect in c7000

 
SOLVED
Go to solution
Bernd Dietzel
Occasional Advisor

BL680 G5 embedded nics do not connect in c7000

Hi,

I have trouble with the embedded nics in bl680g5. I have a c7000 enclosure with 2 full height bl680 in slot 1&2. Additionally I got 5 bl460g1 (half height) in slot 11/12/14/15/16.

I got 2 cisco 3120 stacked in bay 1+2.

The half height blades work fine, but the ports for the nics of the 2 bl680 are remaining in "notconnect" state on the switches.

The onboard administrator says the mapping is fine and the ports are connected but neither the host nor the switch do have connections up.

Any ideas?
6 REPLIES
Niels Vejrup Pedersen
Respected Contributor
Solution

Re: BL680 G5 embedded nics do not connect in c7000

I've seen similar behaviour with the cisco switches.

The issue seems to be when the ports are shutdown BEFORE you insert the server in the enclosure.

If you make sure the ports are not shutdown before inserting the server it will work.

You'll will have to remove the server from the enclosure and re-insert it again.

Anyway, thats what fixed it for me.

Regards
Bernd Dietzel
Occasional Advisor

Re: BL680 G5 embedded nics do not connect in c7000

Are you serious??

... ok, I will try that ...
Bernd Dietzel
Occasional Advisor

Re: BL680 G5 embedded nics do not connect in c7000

OK, I will have a HP CE drive around europe from DC to DC for the next weeks and replug blades *haha*

thanks for this simple but effective solution!
Bernd Dietzel
Occasional Advisor

Re: BL680 G5 embedded nics do not connect in c7000

closed
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor

Re: BL680 G5 embedded nics do not connect in c7000

If you connect to the OA via the cli you can issue the command "reset bay x". This is the same as pulling the blade out and in again.
No need for a drive round europe.
Niels Vejrup Pedersen
Respected Contributor

Re: BL680 G5 embedded nics do not connect in c7000

Adrian,

I've tried that firstly, but it didn't solve the problem.

So the unpractical removal/re-insert is neccesary to get it working.

Regards