108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: BL680C G5 virtual connect issue

SOLVED
Go to solution
rossb2
Frequent Advisor

BL680C G5 virtual connect issue

I have a BL680C G5 full height blade, that appears to be failing to work on a VLAN. Other BL460C G6 blades are using the same VLAN okay. The virtual connect is set up with a trunk port connection on each of the 2 VC switches. The VLAN uses a shared uplink set. I have set up a server profile for the BL680C, pointing to the required VLAN. All 4 NICs on the BL680C are up. The issues is, all 4 NICS are unable to ping the required default gateway and have no connectivity. The virtual connect is on an old firmware, 1.32. Apart from that, I havent noticed any other issues. Any suggestions?
3 REPLIES 3
Adrian Clint
Honored Contributor
Solution

Is private set to ON on the VC network?
If its on, turn it off.
Can the NICs ping each other?
Are any of the BL460G6 NICs on the same network as the BL680 NICs? If so can you ping between them?

Also checkout installing the later Broadcom NIC firmware just in case. Its on the server drivers/firmware page
rossb2
Frequent Advisor

thankyou for your suggestion of pinging another server on the subnet. This works. At the moment, I do not know why other servers were able to ping the default gateway, while this one was not, even when I used the same IP address. I suspect this is firewall related, but it will not effect the build process, and I will modify my method for testing connectivity on a VLAN in future.
rossb2
Frequent Advisor